Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Having a good week!!!


I'm am very excited to announce that I am able to attend the Autism One conference in Chicago this weekend!!! I was approved for a grant that will pay for the seminar itself...I am also going w/ another mom so we are able to split the cost of the hotel room and gas...so it shouldn't be a too expensive weekend...but from everyone I've talked to this is a must attend event.

For those of you who don't know what Autism One is, it's a conference full of over a 100 presenters, the greatest minds in the autism community. What i like is you have so many choices...it's not just at 1:00 you go to this presenter at 2:00 this one...there's usually about 4 different presenters to choose from, which is great since all our kids are different and we're all in a different spot in this journey, or should I say battle!

Another great thing, is I just found out Isaiah was accepted to attend camp circle of friends!!! This is the Summer camp for autistic kids that we did the walk-a-thon for. They can only accept so many kids, and this year Isaiah is one of them!!! I can't WAIT for him to go to camp!!! I hope he has a great time being around other kids like him, and hopefully maybe make a friend!

2 comments:

Bridgett said...

Wow! Excellent news! I'm so jealous!

I'd love to be at the Autism One conference.

Take lots of notes for us. :D

XOXO

Christina said...

That's great! Looking forward to hearing all about it!