Sunday, December 21, 2008

Finding Isaiah's missing Pieces

I have to say I get quite excited whenever I find anything medically that pertains to Isaiah, it's like someone took a puzzle and shook it up and dropped the pieces all over the place and I am looking all over for them trying to put him back together. Every piece of imformation I find feels like another puzzle piece getting me that much closer to having my son back.

The first 5 years of Isaiah's life he was mildly autistic, for the most part we had our son, with glimpses of autism. We often forgot he was autistic, his biggest problem was that he couldn't communicate, (he talked but you couldn't hold a conversation with him) he was a little more hyper and had more meltdowns than the average 5 year old, but it wasn't horrible. Then in Kindergarten everything changed...if I knew then what I know now I would have NEVER have gotten his kindergarten shots! But I trusted my Dr. who has an article hanging in every room that vaccines do not cause autism. After that I lost my son, we rarely see the little boy we saw before. Before we had Isaiah w/ glimpses of autism, now we have autism w/ glimpses of Isaiah...it's like he's trapped in there.

That is when I began searching to find him again...so every little piece of the puzzle I feel like gets me that much closer to finding my son, and maybe getting him back. When we first moved to our house 2 years ago our neighbors would say wow I'd never guess he's autistic...it was only when you'd try to have a conversation with him...now they won't let their kids play with him because he's too "bad"...it's been a heartbreaking 2 years losing him like this.

Since we've started biomed I've started to see my son more often, God how I've missed him! I don't know how far we'll be able to recover our son. Every time I find a new piece to his puzzle its like a high...and it feels so good to finally have hope again!

1 comments:

Christina said...

Aww that is great, I hope he continues to improve!